Friday, June 29, 2012

Month to Month

From now on the zine will be available on a month to month basis. I am doing this for a few reasons. Mostly, I want a slightly smaller, more manageable, more intimate readership. Managing the the mailing list has become a fair amount of work, so removing subscriptions will reduce my workload significantly. Not having a list of subscribers will also free me up creatively. I la la love to write the zine, but when I accept money up front, there can be a shift from wanting to write to having to write.

     The zine will still come out each month. I am in a good place in regards to ideas and motivation, so we should see months and months of continued digest goodness.

     Today I will be a stat-blocking fool. The cover for no. 12 will also be in any day. Things are still on schedule for a mid-July release. :)

11 comments:

  1. Will those of up having an existing sub have it "run out" on issues and then have to order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herb,

      Yes, so I will send a little note with your last issue that says, "Please check out the Loviatar blog from time to time to see when a new issue is available. :)"

      Delete
  2. I'm with Tim. It's ordered either way. If freeing you up from book-keeping means more stuff? I have no objection to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also hoping to give readers a bit more of choice so that they can pay for the content they want and pass on that which they don't.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully, you can shoot out a reminder email to those who are on the list letting them know as each new monthly is pressed. I think it's great to recognize that you want to keep this as fun and interesting for yourself and the readers rather than make it routine. Well thought out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. Hopefully people will have this blog's feed in their blog roll and I will also alert people via Google+.

      Delete
  4. christian, you know how to find me to remind me.

    i am a forgetful little bugger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either way, I always look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete